#3 is to Qualify your leads
1. Do you routinely qualify all buyers and sellers? With buyers I mean more than just their lending capabilities. Finding out their motivation is the number 1 tool you have. Imagine a doctor prescribing you medicine without first asking your known allergies, getting your weight, etc.
2. Why do most agents avoid pre-qualifying? Often times they are afraid their ONE lead is not qualified because then they will have no leads. So they avoid the questions and just "hope and pray" they will buy or sell.
3. How would you handle it if you did run across an unqualified or unmotivated prospect? What is your script for that?
#4 is go on Presentations daily
1. Do you use a script on your listing and buying presentations? If not, why? Using a script helps you maintain control of the presentation, make sure you ask all the appropriate questions, keeps your presentation to a reasonable time and sets you apart as a professional. If you show up and "wing it" each time, how professional is that?
2. We get paid to the level we present. Do you practice the presentation regularly? How will you know you're getting any better if you don't practice? What are the common objections you receive at a presentation? The number of objections you receive is most likely related to the quality of your presentation. Tighten it up and watch your objections go right out the door!
If you have questions about these ideas, feel free to contact me.